How do we collect personal information?
- We may collect personal information from you directly by telephonenumber, facsimile, email, post or frequently via our website. We may also receive information via an intermediary, a company with which we may have a relationship such as a domain services company.
What types of personal information do we collect?
- We collect personal information about you to enable us to provide the best possible service in relation to your domain name needs. The types of personally identifiable information that we may collect include your name, address, telephonenumber number and ABN.
When we request your personal information, we will endeavour to specify which information we require for our purposes and which information may be provided at your option. You may choose not to supply any optional information requested by us but our ability to assist you may be restricted.
How do we use your personal information?
- We use your personal information for the following purposes: - to complete a transaction to which the provision of that personal information relates, such as the completion of order forms to communicate information about our products and services to you, for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements to conduct our day to day business such as the sale of a domain name and transfer requirements.
At any time you may opt out of receiving any communications from us. If you wish to opt out of receiving communications from us please contact us using the information at the end of this document.
Do we ever disclose your personal information to others?
- We do not sell our client lists to third parties. We may disclose personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
1) When explicitly instructed to do so by yourself 2) As required to effect a domain name transfer or other service where required 3) As part of a promotion you may have entered (eg expired domain report)
Otherwise, we do not disclose personal information unless we are required to do so by law or regulation.
What rights do you have to access your personal information?
- At any time, you may ask us to provide you with a list of the personal information we hold about you, and copies of that personal information. We will endeavour to provide you with the data within 30 days of receiving your request.
If you believe for any reason that we are holding inaccurate or incomplete data about you, you may ask us to correct it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
How do we store your personal information?
- We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or exposure. We require all staff to maintain the confidentiality of customer information. Access to information stored electronically is restricted to employees whose job requires access to the information. Access to our computer systems is restricted through password protection.
- When a domain name is registered, certain information is collected for use on the WHOIS service. The WHOIS service allows internet users to query a domain name to find out the identity and contact details of the registrant. The public WHOIS service is a standard feature of domain name systems around the world. Please see auDA’s WHOIS policy at http://www.auda.org.au/whois which sets out auDA's guidelines on the collection, disclosure and use of WHOIS data.
As you browse this website and other websites, online ad networks we work with may place anonymous cookies on your computer, and use similar technologies, in order to understand your interests based on your (anonymous) online activities, and thus to tailor more relevant ads to you. If you do not wish to receive such tailored advertising, you can visit this page to opt out of most companies that engage in such advertising. (This will not prevent you from seeing ads; the ads simply will not be delivered through these targeting methods.)
How can we be contacted?
You can make any requests relating to your personal information held by us by contacting any member of staff via our Contact Us form.